22% OFF22% OFF
Aromatic Village Banana – Yellaki, Naturally Grown, 500 g
About this item:
- Fresh, tiny small-sized, directly procured from the farm, this variety is called Yelakki in Bangalore and Elaichi in Mumbai. Despite their small size, they are naturally flavoured, aromatic and sweeter compared to regular bananas.
- Yelakki bananas are around 3- 4 inches long and contain thinner skin and better shelf life than Robusta bananas.
10 in stock
- One banana supplies 30 % of the daily vitamin B6 requirement and is rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
- It reduces appetite and promotes weight loss, while also boosting the immune system and keeping the bones strong.
- It is very good for pregnant women and athletes.
Storage and Uses:
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Fresh, raw yelakkis are green. They turn into golden yellow on ripening. Look for brown speckles and yellow skin to identify ripened ones.
- Slice them onto pancakes, blend into smoothies or add to fruit salads. Heat brings out the bananas’ creamy sweetness. Try baking or sauteing them with butter and sugar for a delicious dessert.